AMA Newsletter – December 2021
It’s December and time for Thanks!
The Academy has been redecorated to usher in the holiday season. It’s a lot of fun putting up decorations each year.
Lesson for today – Giving/Service to others
The act of giving/serving others is a very important part of martial arts training. No martial artist can achieve their potential without the efforts of dedicated and attentive training partners and teachers. We learn by having instructors willing to spend time with us, encouraging our efforts, correcting our mistakes, and helping us to become the best martial artist each of us can be.
Here at the Academy, senior students are strongly encouraged to spend time assisting with teaching others. These instructors voluntarily GIVE of their time and energy to help junior belts achieve their goals. As an added benefit, the assistant instructors experience the joy and pride shared when the students they have worked with learn their material and test for higher belt rank. Both student and instructor grow by GIVING to each other through the learning process.
- GIVE your full attention to your instructor. They are there to help you achieve your goals.
- Remember to thank not only our leaders – Mr. Harp, Mr. Deaver and Mrs. Deaver, but especially each of the other black belts that has helped you reach your goals – their efforts got you where you are today!
- Senior belts who have not taken time to assist in junior classes, are reminded that there is great benefit to be gained by both the junior students and the assistant instructor in classes. Just let the master instructor know you are there to assist.
- Another great way to SERVE/GIVE at this time of the year is to help keep the Academy clean and safe for others. This includes hanging up your coats, putting shoes on a shelf or boot tray (instead of randomly on the floor), and keeping snow, ice and de-icing salt from tracking in where others may slip and fall.
ALSO DON’T FORGET –
An important part of each December is Nigel – our ninja elf, and our annual GIVING TREE. Each year we provide a tree to help our students understand the importance of providing for those in need in our community. The AMA tree is bare, ready for your donations of hats, mittens, gloves, and scarves. Please consider helping us help those in need.
As mentioned in our last newsletter, we are finding some classes less attended continually than others. The Schedule will be changing in January 2022 to allow for these changes.
Moving forward we will be deleting Stix4kids class and adding time to some others as well due to the popularity of the class. New Schedule will be posted December 15th.
- We will be closed the following dates
- Closed Saturday December 11th for regular Academy classes for our Traditional Tae kwon Do test. Times are in the signup page below, if you have not registered, we will have to make arrangements at a later date. Please make sure you have attended enough classes to qualify!
- Ninja Trix and Hapkido Testing will be during regular classes December 9th & 10th.
- Closed December 22cnd – 25th for Christmas Holiday
- Closed December 29th – January 1st for the New Years Celebration and carpet cleaning.
- Our New Youth Tae Kwon Do program for anyone 6 – 10 is off to a great start. Contact Mr. Deaver for details, email, text, voice call etc. Students will promote after last stipe in December.
- Self-Defense class We have had several parents ask about this for groups, we have several options available. Please see Mr. or Mrs. Deaver for details. We are always willing to help others feel safe in their daily routines.
- T Shirts both short sleeve and long sleeve as well as hoodies (coming soon) will be available for sale! See the samples hanging in the parent area.
- TKD Stripe testing – Blue stripes should be earned first and can be tested for after any All-belts class. White stripes should be earned next, followed by red and green. Extra time is allotted after the All-belts classes to allow for stripe testing.
25% OFF ANYTHING IN STOCK!
Merchandise, Sparring Gear, T-Shirts, etc.
all month long.
We are very appreciative of the feedback about our app and new website. Mr. Deaver has received large amounts of information about customer use in the app and site. My apologies as it seems it isn’t as smooth as our previous app. We will be looking into this issue in the future. Don’t forget you can give us referrals and reviews using the app to give google and/or face book reviews. These are greatly appreciated.
STUDENT OF THE MONTH
We are highlighting a color belt student who shows all the tenets of Martial Arts
Courtesy, Integrity, Perseverance, Self-Control & Indomitable Spirit
For the month of December 2021, we want to highlight the student of the month.
Zach Latham (Youth Tae Kwon Do Student)
GREAT JOB! Zach WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!
Zach started training as a Ninja, he took some time off came back in our previous Tigers program excelled in Tigers graduated and is now in our Youth Tae Kwon Do program. Zach jumps right in and gives his all with everything he does. He Is not afraid to tackle leading, he uses perseverance and indomitable spirit. He
is always enthusiastic, positive and always, always smiling whether he is leading class or participating in class. As a previous Ninja Student Zach always worked hard in whatever he would do. Now we know in Tae Kwon Do he demonstrates the same determination, perseverance and self-control. Martial Arts it will give him the self-confidence and Self-Esteem to tackle anything in front of him in the future.
Effective January 1st,
All Tae Kwon Do Students below 1st Degree Black Belt, will wear Solid Blue uniforms in class. All Black Belts 1st Dan & above will wear Full Black Uniforms, (light weight or heavy weight) Demo Team Uniforms will be worn only in either Weapons Class or Demo Team Class! They are not to worn during regular Tae Kwon Do classes you teach or attend, including our Parks & Recreation Classes. Hapkido students have their uniform as well. If you need to order a specific size, please see Mr. Deaver!
Please note our current Policies myou can find those here!
NOTE: TUITION INCREASE 1/1/22
Effective January 1st, 2022, we will have a tuition increase for existing students who started before Oct. 1st, 2021. With the way things have been, we have not chosen to do so for well over two (2) years. With the cost of living and inflation, we are way overdue, so please anticipate about a 10% increase as of 1/1/22. That is about a $2 increase per class or $10 – $25 more per month depending on # of programs, family members involved etc. On a positive note moving forward in 2022, we will be eliminating all testing Fees in all programs apart from our Black Belt levels. We are grateful for your continued commitment to live your best life at the Academy of Martial Arts
Testing will be Every twelve (12) weeks, we hold a test to determine who is ready to move on to the next level. Students will be tested on the curriculum for their current level and depending how they do, will be promoted to the next rank. They also need to be in a full uniform to receive their promotion which occurs one week after the test in their regularly scheduled class.
For any questions, suggestions, feedback or comments, please email us at [email protected]
Mr. & Mrs. Deaver
Academy of Martial Arts