AMA Newsletter – June 2022
Summer is here! –Welcome!!
Again Welcome to many new students. Please know we have a Summer Schedule that began on June 1st and ends on August 23rd. The summer schedule allows us to offer day tae kwon do classes. We have been offering these for over 5 years now and they have given students and families options to train so that students may come to tae kwon do in the morning and attend other functions in the evenings. These classes are in our schedule via the app and online. Just email Mr. Deaver if you don’t have a link.
THINGS TO KNOW MOVING JUNE THROUGH AUGUST
- TEST DAY! Uniforms are required for all TKD, Youth Martial Arts & Ninja Trix Students, Branded Uniforms, Shirts, Shorts etc. Testing/Grading/Leveling up – Dates are June 7th & June 9th Feel Free to bring family friends and view. Take pictures, videos etc. All are welcome.
- T Shirts for summer – June 1st students in Tae Kwon Do, Youth Martial Arts (Tai Kido) and Hapkido may wear ACADEMY T-Shirts instead of their uniform jackets. We will be ordering ACADEMY T-Shirts for the summer in Royal Blue & Black once again. We will also order Dry-Fit if you wish to special order.
- NOTE: Protective gear – Traditional Tae kwon Do students need headgear, mouthguard, gloves, boots, groin support for males. It is very important for their safety. Youth Martial Arts Students may purchase gloves and boots for hitting bags and heavy equipment. Students in YMA will not be sparring with others but hitting equipment. Students have expressed concern when they hit equipment, bags, targets and their hands or feet hurt. Proper protective equipment will help them with proper form on both the hitting and kicking with injury. See Mr. Deaver for questions
- July 2nd & 4th the Academy will be closed for all classes due to the Holiday.
- Stripe testing – Advancement testing/grading/leveling up is June 7th & June 9th. If you have to be out of town, please contact Mr. or Mrs. Deaver. Tests in 2021 will be in June, September and December. All color belt level fees are included. Any Black Belt Fees are NOT covered for testing as these are separate all together.
- Stripes for Youth Martial Arts Moving forward we will have the ability to test for a stripe every 2 weeks and a badge 1 time a month. Ex 1st stripe will be yellow, week #1 they will learn the yellow stripe requirements, week #2 they will earn the Yellow stripe, week #3 they will learn the Orange stripe requirements, week #4 they will earn the Orange stripe. Week #5 they will learn the Green stripe requirements, week #6 they will earn the Green stripe. week #7 they will learn the Blue stripe requirements, week #8 they will earn the Blue stripe. Week #9 & #10. We will have a review for those who need to learn and earn previous stripes, possibly missed due to vacation, holidays or they may have started later than the rest. Week #11 is test week, week #12 is promotion week then the cycle starts all over again.
SPECIAL NOTE: Please Wash Hands and use Hand Sanitizer.
Students: if you are not feeling well, sneezing, and coughing regularly, please stay at home until you feel better.
– Important Dates to remember
Academy will be closed for regular classes for the following dates.
June 7th& 9th testing during regular classes
Black Belts test on June 11th during Black Belt Class
July 2nd & 4th (4th of July Celebration)
August 10th – 13th (Instructor Vacation) CLOSED FOR ALL CLASSES!
October 15th Annual Halloween Party Closed for regular Academy Classes Party is 2:00 – 4:00pm (Inside at this time) come and celebrate with us!
October 20th – 22nd Closed for Classes (Continuing Education Seminar out of town)
November 23rd – 27th (Thanksgiving Break)
December 22nd – January 2, 2022 (Holiday/Maintenance/Vacation Break) Classes to be scheduled closer to this time.
Mr. & Mrs. Deaver
Academy of Martial Arts Inc.
Thank you for all you do to make the Academy so special! Mr. & Mrs. Deaver
Academy of Martial Arts Inc. 515-314-0298